YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday 8 February 2014

Balloons In The Grass.

Hello!

It has been a bit of a washout weather wise in the South of the UK this week, so I thought I would do a summery manicure today using some lovely new nail polishes that I have aquired!


    I read a couple of other peoples blogs and a lovely lady called Mali over at MaliberryMakeup did a review about a nail polish that I knew I had to have as soon as I saw it! I am talking about an indie nail polish called Balloon House.

Balloon House.

 Balloon house is made by Indy's Indies and she has a shop over on Etsy: IndysIndies. She makes fabulous glitter nail polishes. It arrived in a little black string bag with a business card.

She has a cute little dog silhouette as her emblem, it's very cute and looks like a little pug!

Her business card has all of her links on it, it also states that her polishes are cruelty free, always a good thing.

It has a cute label on the bottle, I love the fact it has the writing in rainbow colours, I think the little details that custom sellers take the time to do really makes the products awesome.

Balloon house is modeled on the Disney film UP and has glitter that looks like the balloons! I love the film UP so much so being able to paint my nails with 'balloons' is just too cute to pass up.

SO PRETTY!

As you can see Balloon House is made up of large circular discs of glitter in a range of different colours! It looks like a jar of sweets and I couldn't wait to get it on my nails. The bottle I got is 5ml, it costs £4.00 which sounds like a lot, however for a custom polish it is definitely worth the price tag.

On the brush it can be difficult to scoop out the discs of glitter, I found that when I first used it only a couple of pieces were coming out, but if I swirled the brush around in the bottle it got easier to extract them. However you do have to have patience with this polish, it requires dotting on the glitter and you do have to be careful not to have big globs of the varnish left the dry on your nail. But the results are worth this slight hassle!

Apologies for the slight blur but I hope you can see how super awesome this nail polish is!I love the way it pops against the greeny blue on my nails. I would love to do a slightly darker blue polish, clump the balloons at the top of the nail and use my Barry M pen to create string, perhaps for my birthday in a few weeks!

My nail polish base was one of the new Models Own HyperGel polishes in Turquoise Gloss with Balloon house over two of my nails. It's a cute little manicure and I cannot recommend looking for unique nail polishes enough.

What are you wearing on your nails this weekend?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment